Stylish floor tiles can transform a room without breaking the bank. They look great, are easy to install and maintain, and can last a really long time. In this post, we’re sharing with you some of the best floor tiles out there.
Floor tiles are usually made from natural clay, PVC, vinyl, porcelain, ceramic, or stone mixtures.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles look the most elegant but you can find great options across categories.
Before we look at some actual tiles you can choose, let’s better understand the different categories they fall into.
Types of Floor Tiles
Floor tiles come in a wide array of types and styles. Tile designs ranging from handmade to manufactured to everything in between can adapt to almost all decorative styles.
Tiles are commonly installed individually, usually attached to a subfloor with corresponding tile adhesives, and separated from one another with a grout material.
Vinyl tiles are a modern and affordable alternative to more expensive tiles. They are a good idea for garages or patios where functionality trumps style.
That said, you can find beautiful and durable vinyl tiles for all rooms.
Warning: Vinyl tiles may contain toxic substances that can cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive problems.
Always pay attention to the product description as in some states (notably California) manufacturers are required to provide this information.
Wooden tiles are made from oak or other hardwoods. They are typically intended for patios and outdoor areas including gazebos, but you can also use them creatively in bathrooms and other rooms.
Wooden tiles are a good alternative to landscaping timber because they are easier to install.
Marble tiles combine elegance with durability and have a classic, elegant look.
Their color range is somewhat limited compared to other types of tiles, but they look timeless.
Ceramic tiles are made from a clay mixture that is fired and baked at over 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit.
During the baking process, liquid glass is applied to create a clear or colored glaze that boosts the hardness and resistance of the tile surface.
Porcelain tiles are ceramic tiles fired at very high temperatures. Manufacturers may use photographic technology to imitate stone or other flooring materials when making them.
These tiles can either be glazed or unglazed and have a water absorption rate of less than 0.5%.
The Porcelain Enamel Institute establishes a grading scale for wear suitability with ratings ranging from Light Traffic to Extremely Heavy Traffic.
- Light traffic tiles are best suited for bathroom floors or areas that will often be walked upon with bare feet or socked feet.
- Extremely heavy traffic tiles are appropriate for commercial areas or home interior areas.
Our Favorite Floor Tiles
We’ve talked about some of the most popular types of flooring tiles on the market. Now let’s look at some actual designs you can buy.
Here’s a selection of our favorite styles, materials, and brands. These are all top-rated products you can trust.
1. SomerTile FKOLTR86 Tinge Porcelain Mosaic Floor & Wall Tile
This Porcelain Mosaic Wall and Floor Tile features a lantern design with a modern feel and an eye-drop reactive glaze effect.
It has a stylish, grey-blue color palette in the center with a gradient on the white edge for a pleasing mixture of cool-toned hues.
Tip: Impervious to water, frost-resistant, and easy to clean, this floor tile is a good choice for both indoor and outdoor projects.
2. Squarefeet Depot 2″ Hexagonal Marble Mosaic Wall Floor Tile
The Squarefeet Depot’s Hexagonal Designed Mosaic Wall Floor Tiles is a hexagonal designed wall and floor tiles honed to a smooth finish with Taupe soft gray-brown colors.
- 2" Hexagon Athens Gray Marble Mosaic Tile
- First quality genuine marble adds natural feeling to your living spaces
- Interlocking design comes on mesh-mount for easy installation
Its linear streaks with a variation of brown shades lend it a distinctive signature look.
These wall and floor tiles have a 3/8 inch thickness with a 12×12-inch interlocking mesh-mount for simple installation.
Tip: Best for accent, bathroom, kitchen, entryway, hallway floors, and walls.
3. Achim Home Furnishings Nexus Ash Grey Wood Vinyl Tiles
The cheap FTVWD23120 Nexus Vinyl tile will give your projects a brand new look at a very affordable cost.
You can use the cheap floor tiles in bathrooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, basements and foyers–no messy adhesive or glue needed!
You can install Nexus Vinyl tiles in minutes–just peel off and stick the Nexus tiles to a flat, clean, and dry surface and brag about your beautiful new room to all your friends and neighbors.
4. FPEFAEA Romania Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile
These glazed, all-ceramic floor tiles have a slightly textured finish and a low sheen. They are semi-vitreous and made for indoor use.
- First-quality ceramic tile for floor and wall use
- Glazed, slightly textured finish with a low sheen and moderate variation in tone
- P.E.I. Rating IV has high resistance to abrasion and is suitable for heavy-duty residential and...
We like the rustic charm of these tiles and the nice contrast between the faded blues and rich reds. They are also easy to maintain.
Tip: These are best suited for creative flooring in medium-duty residential floors.
5. Achim Home Nexus Geo Rustic Slate Vinyl Tiles
Now here’s a geo rustic slate vinyl tile that doesn’t look like vinyl at all. It’s durable and more affordable and easier to install than the marble equivalent.
- Achim home furnishings FTVGM32620 nexus 12-inch vinyl tile, geo Rustic slate
- This is highly durable
- Features Peel ‘N’ Stick installation and also features a distinct no wax finish
We like the high gloss and peel and stick installation that saves you a lot of hassle and lets you do the work yourself–provided you have a level flooring surface. It has a no-wax finish.
6. Achim Home Nexus Wood Medium Oak Plank Tiles
A wood-like look at a much better cost? You can get that with this Nexus Medium Oak wood parquet tile. It can be installed in minutes without the need for messy adhesives or glue.
- Achim home furnishings FTVWD22320 nexus 12-inch vinyl tile, wood Medium oak p
- This is highly durable
- This product is manufactured in china
This tile has a wrinkled texture finish and a peel and stick installation that means you can install it yourself without the need to call in a pro.
Wooden tiles like this one can warm up a room
7. SomerTile Murcia Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile
This is a first-quality glazed ceramic wall and floor tile available in different sizes. It has medium sheen and a slightly textured finish.
Note that the tones in this one can vary quite a lot between sets, which shouldn’t be a problem though if you want your flooring to look as if it was crafted rather than manufactured.
8. Bare Decor Interlocking Flooring Tiles in Solid Teak Wood
These Bare Decor EZ-Floor Interlocking Floor Tiles are made of authentic solid teak wood with an oiled finish.
- Genuine solid Teak wood (Tectona Grandis) in oil finish
- Great for indoor or outdoor application
- EZ-Floor interlocking system. No tools required for installation.
Installation is easy–no tools or glue required except just snapping the interlocking tiles together and installing instantly to your prepared surface.
Each hardwood tile contains 9 solid pieces of solid teak wood on a plastic base and is perfect for a bathroom, deck, entryway, mudroom, terrace, or any place in between.
Tip: You can easily remove and relocate the tiles later on if needed.
9. Speedway Diamond Garage Floor Tiles
This Speedway tile is a premium garage floor tile with 6 tabs on each side. The interlocking system holds the tiles together without any gaps in between them.
Because of its robust and heavy-duty interlocking system, these tiles are not as likely to separate and cause gaps anytime soon.
Additionally, the tile designed allows air and water to flow under the tiles to prevent mold or moisture build-up.
These floor tiles are durable enough to withstand the weight of larger vehicles including SUVs and trucks. They can also withstand gas, oil, and most common household or automobile fluids.
10. SomerTile Murmur Bardiglio Hexagon Porcelain Floor and Wall Tile
Next on our list is a striking hexagonal porcelain tile with a medium sheen and glazed surface. If you’re looking for a tile that can create a rich effect in any room, this can be an inspired choice.
- First-quality porcelain tile for floor and wall use
- Glazed, slightly textured finish with a medium sheen and moderate variation in tone
- P. E. I. Rating iii is suitable for medium-duty residential floors including kitchens, halls,...
11. Achim Home Nexus 12-Inch Vinyl Tile Dark Slate Marble
This press-in-place vinyl and plank floor tile looks just like the real stone right down to the smallest detail. It’s dent-proof, scratch proof, and waterproof–it’s a good choice in rooms where you do vertical gardening.
- Achim home furnishings FTVMA44820 nexus 12-inch vinyl tile, dark slate marble
- This is highly durable
- This product is manufactured in china
This is a versatile choice you can install in virtually any room of your house, including kitchens and bathrooms. You can save a lot of money choosing this marble alternative to actual marble.
12. Multipurpose Interlocking Floor Tiles
With these tiles, you get the flexibility associated with rubber floor tiles constructed entirely from a proprietary blend of flexible PVC that guarantees a durable, colorful, and alluring low-cost floor tile solution.
- DURABLE MULTIPURPOSE FOAM FLOOR TILES: High density, foam tiles available in 24” x 24” tiles...
- EASY INSTALLATION & CLEAN-UP: Assembles in minutes over any hardwood floor or flat indoor surface...
- KIDS PUZZLE MAT FOR PLAYROOM SAFETY: Designed for peace of mind when kids play on the floor. Use in...
This series is available in a wide variety of colors, including vibrant greens and reds.
These tiles can be installed in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, garages, playrooms, laundry rooms, and basements. Just make sure that the floor is even.
13. Moroccan Mosaic Tafilalt Handmade Cement Tile
These 0.5-inch thick tiles have a Moroccan design that stands out. They are a particularly great choice for bathrooms but you can also use them in kitchens and hallways.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor walls and floor
- Materials: cement, natural pigments, and concrete
- Dimensions: 8 Inches long x 8 inches width, thickness 0. 5 inches
Made with cement, concrete, and natural pigments, these tiles may exhibit some color variations. That’s why it’s a good idea to check all the tiles before installing them.
That way, you can place the ones that stand out the most in an area where they are not likely to be noticed, like a shadowy corner or under a tub.
Tip: Note that you can also use them to cover a wall.
14. Achim Home Majestic Vinyl Floor Tile Verde Green
This easy to install vinyl floor tile is an 18×18-inches self-stick tile featuring a dramatic stone look that we really like. It’s a great replacement for an old flooring that you’ve become bored of.
- Just Peel 'N' Stick
- 18 inch x 18 inch tile - 2.0mm thick, 01mm wear-layer
- No wax vinyl finish
It’s a peel and stick tile, so you can easily install it on a flat, clean, and dry surface. No need for adhesives or glue. You can install these in just about any room.
Should these get damaged at any point–if you move furniture over them or drop something very heavy on the floor–you can replace them without any trouble.
15. Achim Home Retro 12×12 Self Adhesive Vinyl Floor Tile Medallion
The last entry on our list is a durably vinyl tile with an upbeat green design and easy DIY peel and stick installation. These can last for years with proper care.
- Easy Do-it-Yourself Installation – Just Peel and Stick
- 12 inch x 12 inch Tile - 1. 5mm Thick
- 20 square feet per box (20 tiles per box)
One advantage of vinyl tiles is that you can get them in vibrant colors that are not always seen in natural tiles.
Also, the color uniformity can be higher, since it’s something that manufacturers can control.
If you need to brighten up an indoor space, whether we’ll talking about a kitchen or living room, these Achim vinyl floor tiles can be a simple and affordable alternative to marble or ceramic tiles.
Floor Tiles Commonly Asked Questions
Many people today choose to install their own floor tiles to change the look and feel of a room. So we’re hearing lots of questions about floor tiles.
We’ve put together the most frequent questions for you with answers. Find them below.
Which tiles are the best for flooring?
The best tiles for flooring are durable, easy to install, stylish, and water-resistant. These include ceramic, marble, porcelain, wood, and certain vinyl tiles.
Check our list of favorite floor tiles to discover some of the best floor tiles you can buy online.
What are the different types of tiles for flooring?
The different types of tiles for flooring include marble, ceramic, porcelain, wood, and vinyl tiles. These are available in different sizes and a wide variety of styles.
What is the cheapest type of tile?
Vinyl tiles are usually cheaper than wood, marble, ceramic, or porcelain tiles.
They are easy to install and durable but some may contain toxic chemicals so it’s important to read the product description carefully.
How many tiles are in a box of tiles?
A box of floor tiles may contain anywhere from 5 to over 24 tiles depending on the size and type of tile.
Make That Floor Shine
Once upon a time, tiles were hard to get and only the super rich could afford them. But things have changed. Today, floor tiles are widely available.
You still need good taste when choosing them, though. Some tiles look a lot better than others and are more durable and easy to install.
We hope that our selection of the best wooden tiles you can buy online will make your search a bit easier.
Do you have any tiles in your house? Are you planning to replace them or install new ones?
Tell us about your plans–we’re curious to learn more.
Drop us a comment at any time and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Until next post!