Tea, tea, and more tea! It’s a healthy and refreshing drink, and with the right tea infuser, you don’t have to worry about spills, cracks, or lukewarm sips. In this selection, we bring you the best tea infusers around.
You probably have a tea set already, but what about an infuser?
Whether you make tea religiously or only now and then, a tea infuser helps you brew delicious and healthy loose leaf tea for the best possible tea experience.
Explore now our selection of the best tea infusers for all occasions including tea infuser bottles, mugs, cups, pots, and more.
The Best Loose Leaf Tea Infusers
Whether you are looking for a tea infuser bottle, cup, mug, or ball strainer, we got all the types of tea infusers covered for you.
If you’re not sure what you want, our selection will hopefully make your choice easier. Let’s start with bottles.
Tea Infuser Bottles
A tea infuser bottle, also known as a tea tumbler, is handy when you want to have your tea while you are outside. With an infuser bottle, you can make your tea on the go.
Here is a list of some of the best tea tumblers you can buy now whether it’s glass, insulated, or bamboo.
1. Pure Zen Tea Glass Tumbler with Infuser
This sleek and classy glass double-wall vacuum with a stainless tea infuser is a perfect product for those on-the-go.
- [ Rich Aroma Tea On the Go ] Enjoy your favorite rejuvenating tea drinks on the go with our...
- [ Brew Your Favorite Drinks Right Away ] With our tea infuser, you can brew your favorite loose tea...
- [ No More Tumblers Leaking All Over the Place ] Forget all about tea tumblers leaking all over the...
It’s great whether you want to brew tea leaves, make fruit-flavored drinks, or even coffee at the office or when you’re traveling. It’s versatile and very well made.
2. Geometry Glass Tea Tumbler with Infuser
Now here’s another versatile glass bottle that is functional, durable, stylish, and gift ready.
- CREATE MOMENTS OF PRESENCE AND CONNECTION - with our signature double-walled glass infuser tea...
- NEW STRONGER GLASS - This Tea Bottle keeps drinks hot or cold for up to 45 minutes. Each tea bottle...
- INSPIRE, CONNECT, LOVE - Featuring a subtle, beautiful, logo-free ‘Sacred Geometry’ design to...
This simple but minimalist tea infuser has an engraved black geometrical design both on the strainer and infuser.
3. Bamboo Insulated Tea Infuser Tumbler
If you are looking for a sustainable and eco-friendly tumbler, here’s an inspired choice.
- High-Quality and Long Lasting - Flaunt this high-quality, voluminous 17oz (500 mL) and functional...
- Keeps Hot for 12 Hours or Cold for 24 Hours - Keep your afternoon tea hot & your morning smoothie...
- Non-Toxic Materials - LeafLife Bamboo Tumbler is a smart, earth-friendly choice as it helps lessen...
This handly tea infuser is made of a 100% organic bamboo exterior. Bamboo is one of the most eco-friendly materials around–plus it looks cool!
4. Steepware Insulated Tumbler with Tea Infuser
Do you like hiking or camping? This functional, lightweight, and travel-friendly double-wall insulated stainless steel tumbler with a removable tea infuser is a good pick.
- STAINLESS STEEL TEA TUMBLER - 22 oz loose leaf tea tumbler with removable large-volume ultra-fine...
- DOUBLE-WALL INSULATED - Stays COLD for 20 Hours; Stays HOT for 10 Hours; Thermal design great for...
- EVEREST-EDITION - Leak-proof screw-top lid. Larger size of award-winning Tea Brewing Device...
It’s available in different colors. Plus, each 10% of the sale goes to support cancer survivors.
5. Glass Tea Infuser with Strainer
If you want a durable glass tea infuser yet functional that looks stylish at the office, this one could work well for you.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Our BPA & LEAD-FREE Infuser Bottles Reduce waste. We're environmentally safe as our...
- 100% GIFT READY: The elegant packaging comes with a free travel sleeve and is ready for a bow! Our...
- LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE: Our travel tea tumblers are ideal for organic loose leaf japanese green tea,...
It can keep drinks warm for up to 90 minutes and has a travel sleeve included.
Tea Infuser Mugs
Now let’s look at some of the best tea infuser mugs for brewing loose tea leaves. You can use these at home or at the office.
Find out now some of the best mugs for faster and better tea brewing.
6. Ceramic Tea Infuser Mug with Lid and Holder
Our first choice is a stylish tea infuser mug with a 2-in-1 lid and holder. It’s made of high-fired ceramic that looks neat and dashing and has a large handle with easy grip.
- FOR TEA LOVERS. If you are a fan of tea, then, probably, the drink from the sachets will not satisfy...
- EXCELLENT FUNCTIONALITY. Tealyra Peak tea cup with lid is made of high-fired ceramic, which allows...
- THE SIMPLEST USAGE. Fill the tea leaves into a mesh of our tea mug with infuser, put the mesh into a...
This giant mug can hold 19 oz. and comes in other colors as well. You can just pour tea in the removable stainless infuser and remove it once done. In addition, it’s dishwasher-safe, durable, and wear-resistant.
7. Double Wall Glass Tea Mug
The next on our list is a double wall glass tea mug that is highly efficient and classy. It’s easy to carry, well-made, and easy to clean.
- Our Venus Double Wall Glass Tea Mug is functional and well-designed!
- Venus Double Wall Glass Tea Mug is large, lightweight and sturdy, and effortless to clean. Venus'...
- The stainless steel infuser is accented with a bright silicone band; this silicone band prevents...
It has a stainless steel infuser with a green silicone band for a tight grip. Glass tea infusers are great for any loose teas and tisanes. You’ll drink lots more tea with this one at home!
8. Ceramic Tea Mug with Large Infuser and Lid
Here’s another beautiful and easy to use ceramic tea infuser with a cute design. We really like the big infuser in this one.
- ☕ CONTEMPORARY TRENDY COLORS: What An Eye-catching colors of Zens ceramic tea mug with infuser...
- ☕ EXTRA-FINE TEA INFUSER: Make an exceptional tea brewing experience at home or office! With 52...
- ☕ HEAT-PROOF HANDLE: The elegant handle is specially selected rosewood, it is anti-scald and...
With this large mug, you can steep more tea leaves and without worrying about burning your hands as it has a heat-insulated handle.
9. Porcelain Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid
What about porcelain tea mugs? You can brew tea easily with this teaware that has a lid made of porcelain and an 18/8 stainless steel infuser that helps you brew tea simply and quickly.
- BREW TEA EASILY - Tea mug with lid and an extra-fine hole infuser helps to brew tea in a simple and...
- An AMAZING PRESENTATION - It is packaged in a well-wrapped box, a perfect gift for your friends and...
- PREMIUM MATERIALS - Mug and lid are made of porcelain, resistant of clastic; while tea strainer is...
With its heat-insulated handle and a lid that can be a coaster, you can’t go wrong with this one. It’s also dishwasher and microwave safe. Plus it comes in a nice box, so it’s gift-friendly.
10. Glass Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid
This glass tea mug is made of borosilicate glass and can keep the temperature constant for longer than other options. Since it’s a clear glass, you can see the steeping of your loose tea leaves.
- Made of high-quality borosilicate glass, mouth blown, it is thinner and stronger than ordinary...
- Clear glass mug, you can watch your tea steeping process to know when the tea is ready for drinking....
- 304 Stainless Steel Infuser - High precision infuser design to percolate the tea well. Easy to brew,...
The removable stainless steel infuser has very small holes ensuring there is no leaf residue in your tea. In other words, it’s great for ground herbal or flowering teas.
Tea Infuser Cups
Whether you fancy tea cups made of porcelain, ceramic, or glass, we made a list of the most awesome tea infuser cups for you to choose from.
These are a tad more elegant than most mugs, so if you drink tea every day, you may appreciate one of these.
11. Chinese Porcelain Tea Cup Set
Looking for an authentic porcelain classic tea infuser cup set? We recommend this Chinese porcelain set that includes a teacup, tea infuser, lid, and saucer.
- CAPACITY: 350ml / 12 OZ
- Made of Chinese Jingdezhen Porcelain
- SET INCLUDES: 1 cup,1 infuser,1 lid and 1 saucer. The porcelain infuser keeps tea leaves inside with...
It’s made of high-quality ceramic and porcelain and has a 12 oz capacity. With this set, you can brew your loose tea leaves and tea bags in style.
12. Ceramic Cherry Blossoms Tea Infuser Cup
Cherry blossoms! Tea tastes great in this Japan-feel cup with a double-wall ceramic tumbler, stainless steel infuser basket, and lid. It’s one of the most popular choices around.
- TEA CUP WITH INFUSER includes a double-wall ceramic tumbler, stainless steel loose leaf tea infuser...
- STEEP THE PERFECT CUP of tea using your favorite loose leaf tea, use the lid to keep your tea hot...
- EXTRA FINE TEA INFUSER made from stainless steel is sturdy, easy to clean and keeps tea leaves...
This lovely cup is not just beautiful but also sturdy and easy to clean. With its great design and convenience, it’s a mood lifter each time you use it.
13. Glass Tea Cup with Infuser
Lightweight and handy, this tea infuser cup has a stainless steel infuser and a red silicon protector lid that can also serve as a coaster after tea brewing.
- LARGE CAPACITY YET LIGHT WEIGHT: Can hold up to 16 ounces of liquid in the cup. The tea infuser for...
- MULTI-FUNCTION: Our tea infusing mug has a stainless steel tea infuser with a silicone protector...
- CERTIFIED FOOD SAFE: Our infusing cup is made of durable and non-toxic borosilicate glass. The tea...
Moreover, it is safe as it is FDA-approved, as well as microwave and dishwasher safe. Just remember that the tea strainer is for hand wash only.
14. Small Ceramic Tea Cup Infuser
This small and cute tea cup infuser has a clean design and a good build quality. We like the simple, minimalist look.
- FOR TEA LOVERS. If you are a fan of tea, then, probably, the drink from the sachets will not satisfy...
- EXCELLENT FUNCTIONALITY. Tealyra Sumo tea cup with lid is made of high-fired ceramic, which allows...
- THE SIMPLEST USAGE. Fill the tea leaves into a mesh of our tea mug with infuser, put the mesh into a...
It’s made of fine ceramic, has a removable stainless steel infuser, and a 2-in-1 ceramic lid and infuser holder. It’s heat-resistant up to 120 C / 240 F and has a large handle.
15. Cat Glass Tea Cup Infuser
Cat lover? This cute cat glass tea mug set is for you. It contains a glass cup body with a high-quality plastic lid and a removable stainless steel strainer.
It’s made of high heat borosilicate glass which makes it durable and explosion-proof. Moreover, it’s guaranteed BPA-free, spill-proof, odor-free, non-toxic, and easy to clean.
Tea Infuser Pots
While we know that there are many kinds of teapots out there depending on your needs, we compiled the most functional yet elegant tea infuser pots for your needs.
16. Hiware 1000ML Glass Teapot
Looking for a premium glass teapot that can make a few cups in one brew? This is one can hold 1000ml of liquid.
- This teapot is completely hand crafted, made from heat resistant borosilicate glass, specially...
- Removable high-grade 18/10 stainless steel mesh infuser filter for loose teas or blooming teas, the...
- This beautiful teapot can be placed directly in the microwave oven or on either gas or electric...
The elegant clear glass design and fancy make it look great on any table or countertop. Plus you’ll like the big infuser.
If you’re looking for something a bit smaller but no less stylish, check out this clear glass teapot with a fine mesh infuser made of quality stainless steel.
- REDEFINE YOUR BREWING PROCESS- Made from premium grade borosilicate high heat resistant glass, our...
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: The Hiware Glass Teapot with Mesh Infuser boasts a minimal design and in a...
- FANTASTIC GIFT CHOICE- Are you looking for a gift for that special someone- a friend, family or...
It’s stovetop safe, so you can use it as a traditional kettle on a gas stove without any worries.
18. Turquoise Porcelain Teapot Infuser
This 18-ounce brightly colored teapot made from porcelain is one of the prettiest teapots on our list. It can definitely lift your mood as you brew your tea.
- Dishwasher safe
- Do not use in microwave or oven
- Do not put on flame or heating element
It has an attached lid and is available in a wide range of colors. Just note that it’s not dishwasher safe.
19. Glass Teapot Infuser
This is elegant clear glass teapot infuser is great for flowering teas, herbal teas, and any type of loose leaf tea you fancy. The package includes two tea flowers.
- DELIGHT YOUR SENSES WITH CLASSIC DESIGN. The Celebration Teapot’s simple, clean lines and perfect...
- HANDCRAFTED, SUPERIOR QUALITY GLASS. Each part of the Celebration Teapot is crafted of high quality...
- PREMIUM FEATURES FOR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE. The crystal clear glass teapot and infuser are strong...
It can hold up to 1200ml of liquid, making it a good choice as a family tea infuser–you can make up to 5 cups of tea in one go.
20. Turquoise Porcelain Teapot Infuser
Among our favorites is this matte finish small porcelain teapot with a stainless steel lid. The simple, cheerful design makes it a cute choice.
- BEST TEAPOTS ARE PORCELAIN! Tealyra teapot is porcelain made because this material is the best for...
- EXTRA-FINE STAINLESS STEAL STRAINER. In the perfect tea there are no leaves or small particles...
- CONVENIENT AND FUNCTIONAL DESIGN. Tealyra PLUTO ceramic teapot is equipped with a stainless steel...
It’s worthy to note that the removal infuser is extra fine with smaller holes ideal for steeping those loose leaves.
21. Floral Cast Iron Teapot Infuser
For people who like teapots made of cast iron, here’s a beautiful one that stands out.
- SET INCLUDES - (1) Blue floral 34 oz. Primula cast iron teapot with lid, (1) stainless steel...
- SUPERIOR FILTRATION SYSTEM - The stainless steel fine mesh infuser filter is perfect for loose leaf...
- EASY TO CLEAN - The inside of this cast iron teapot is coated with enamel, making this teapot very...
We like the very good tea infusion system as well as the reliable cast-iron build–if you’ve broken a glass teapot or two already, this can prove more durable.
22. Stainless Teapot Infuser
Stainless steel teapot infusers have a timeless look to them and can take a fall or two. Here’s one that we particularly like.
- ULTIMATE TEAPOT: This teapot will elevate your home kitchen experience with its high quality and...
- SUPERIOR MATERIALS: This teapot features high quality, 18/10 neutral to taste stainless steel with a...
- MICRO-ETCHED INFUSER: For maximum convenience, this teapot has a fine micro-etched tea infuser with...
This 34-ounce sleek silver and stainless steel teapot has a long handle and an effective tea leaf guard.
23. Stainless Whistling Teapot Infuser
Talking of stainless steel teapots, here’s another one that we had to add to our list.
- BUILT TO LAST: Made with premium surgical grade stainless steel, our high-quality whistling kettle...
- HEATS UP IN NO TIME: Our 3-liter tea kettles are made with FIVE layers of premium grade stainless...
- INCLUDES A PREMIUM TEA INFUSER: This stainless steel whistling tea pot includes a premium stainless...
If you are the kind of tea lover who simply wants to save time by waiting for the teapot’s signal of boiling, this is the one for you.
24. Bottom-Dispensing Teapot Infuser
This may not look like your average tea pot infuser, but it’s super convenient and can save you time.
- Great for the office or when traveling, this innovative teapot releases infused tea directly into a...
- When tea is ready, simply place over cup and tea will drain from bottom
- A mesh filter retains all the leaves with one of the best infusers on the market
Well, this teapot can release infused tea directly into a drinking cup. It works by simply placing the tea over a cup and it will drain from the bottom. It’s great for iced tea.
25. Glass Teapot with Large Strainer
This cute and accessible round glass tea pot has a large strainer, which gives the tea leaves plenty of room to expand.
- Ease of use Teapot
- Large tea strainer allows the tea leaves to expand easily
- Heatproof glass that has been heat treated to resist shattering
It’s made of heatproof glass that’s resistant to shattering and is dishwasher safe.
This classy ceramic teapot can be a perfect gift for a loved one–or yourself! We really like the smooth matte design and zen feel it has.
- ✔ SMOOTH MATTE CERAMIC TEAPOT: Crafted with thicker porcelain and has a matte glazed surface that...
- ✔ MODERN CHINESE TEAPOT: The bentwood handle gives this ceramic teapot an oriental touch. It can...
- ✔ FINE MESH TEA INFUSER: This stylish porcelain tea pot with integrated stainless steel strainer...
It has a fine mesh infuser and a stylish bentwood handle you can turn to the side. Overall it’s a great choice.
27. Glass Teapot with Infuser
Last but not least among teapot infusers is this large glass teapot that has a big stainless strainer with super fine holes for preventing leaf residue.
- High Quality:This teapot is purely hand crafted, made from heat resistant and clear high...
- Small and Exquisite.600ml/20oz glass teapot with occupying small space. Suitable for 1-2 cups of...
- Gorgeous Appearance.The appearance of the teapot is designed as a square which not only an appliance...
If you want something different from all those rounded teapots, this one certainly has an eye-catching shape.
Tea Infuser Travel Mugs
Tea can energize or relax you while traveling, depending on the variety you choose.
Explore now some of the best tea infuser travel mugs you can take with you when you’re out traveling or spending time outdoors.
28. Infuser Travel Mug
With its double wall insulation, this infuser travel mug can keep your tea warm for up to 6 hours.
- [STAINLESS STEEL TUMBLER] 2 lids, Leak proof and 18/8 stainless-steel, take this tea tumbler with...
- [DOUBLE-WALL INSULATED ] Keep your beverage hot for 6 hours or cold for more than 12 hours.
- [CONVENIENT MESH FILTER] Sivaphe mug includes a 2-piece SUS304 stainless-steel mesh strainer, it is...
It’s made from stainless steel and has a durable marble grain finish. It’s great for coffee and smoothies as well.
29. Bamboo Tea Tumbler Mug with Strainer Infuser
Made from stainless steel inside and organic bamboo outside, this tea infuser tumbler looks great.
❤️FEEL THE PRESENCE OF NATURAL BEAUTY - This luscious beautiful tumbler is...
- ❤️TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE- This bottle has MAXIMUM HOT/COLD TEMPERATURE RETENTION....
- ❤️SAFE HEALTH CONSCIOUS MATERIAL - BPA free, toxin and bacteria free and it will...
It’s BPA free and has an effective double-wall insulation design you can count on to keep your tea warm.
30. Pinky Up Loose Leaf Travel Infuser
Available in a variety of stylish designs, this cute travel infuser has a slim, lightweight design that makes it easy to carry around with you when you wander away from home.
- INFUSE YOUR TEA ON THE GO - Think you can’t have a real loose leaf tea experience when you’re...
- DOUBLE-WALLED INSULATED GLASS KEEPS CONTENTS HOT OR COLD LONGER - The slim, sleek design of the...
- HIGH-QUALITY BOROSILICATE GLASS CONSTRUCTION - The double-walled glass shows off your loose leaf tea...
The double wall vacuum insulation keeps your tea hot for a long time while remaining cold to the touch.
31. Glass Travel Mug Tumbler
Another glass tumbler for having your tea leaves brewed is this all-purpose beverage tumbler with extra fine stainless steel infuser basket and nice geometric design.
- STREAMLINE YOUR LIFE with a beautifully-made, sustainable, all-purpose glass tumbler. The Wayfarer...
- ENJOY MORE VERSATILITY. The Wayfarer's innovative stainless steel two-way filter is perfect for...
- SAVOR SMART, FUNCTIONAL DESIGN. The Wayfarer holds 450 ml (15 oz) and is exquisitely crafted with a...
It has a tumbler sleeve that’s great when you’re outside as it protects the glass from impact and scratches.
32. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Travel Mug
This 16-ounce stainless steel vacuum mug is another dependable travel mug with infuser that you can count on.
- Stainless steel vacuum mug featuring nonstick finish and Tea Leaf Filter
- Tight fitted lid keeps beverages hotter or colder than travel mugs
- Removable Tea Leaf Filter is ideal for loose tea
We like the non-stick interior which makes it easy to clear. Also, the mouth is large enough for whole ice-cubes–something you’ll appreciate if you love iced tea!
33. Chabamboo Bamboo Tumbler with Tea Infuser and Strainer
Another bamboo tumbler for making tea that we like, this one comes with double wall insulation, high corrosion resistance, and a sturdy overall design.
- 🌿 BONUS TEA TONG - Firm grip on your loose tea leaves when putting them into the infuser; no more...
- 🌿 MAXIMUM CORROSION RESISTANCE - with 304 grade 18/8 stainless steel; our bamboo flask allows you...
- 🌿 ENHANCED DOUBLE WALL FOR BETTER INSULATION - Our bamboo thermos reliably maintains your...
It can keep tea and other warm drinks hot for up to 12 hours, which is pretty cool, right?
34. Teami Tea Tumbler Infuser Bottle
Available in a variety of colors, this cute modern infuser bottle is BPA free and has a very functional, double-layer design.
- UNLIKE OTHER TEA TUMBLERS that leak, break, or leave you drinking your tea leaves, Teami’s Tea...
- STAY HEALTHY ON THE GO with our Teami Tea Tumbler. Perfect for teas, fruit-infused detox waters,...
- UNIQUELY DESIGNED FOR FUNCTIONALITY and taste, our tumblers are designed with many desirable...
If you want an upbeat, sporty tea tumbler with infuser that won’t rust or shatter, try this one.
Tea Infuser Balls
Maybe you already have a nice teapot. Or you just like to brew loose tea directly in your favorite cup. Either way, tea infuser balls can make the whole process easy and convenient.
Here are some of the infuser balls that are worth dipping into your teapot or teacup.
35. Extra Fine Mesh Tea Ball Infuser
The first on our tea infuser ball list is this stainless steel infuser that super fine holes for avoiding tea residue that also fits in lots of tea leaves.
- 🍁Better performance, Reasonable price! Each pack includes 1 screw lid, 1 extra fine mesh cup, 1...
- 🍁Unlike traditional tea ball or twist lid infuser, our tea strainer features threaded connection...
- 🍁Extra fine mesh holes are designed to hold tealeaves, particles or grounds intact while allowing...
This pack includes two as well as a handy, rust-free spoon.
36. Tea Ball Mesh Strainers
For the most common type of ball infusers, try these long-lasting and easy to use circular tea strainers with a clasp, rivet, and hook.
- ❤❤Important Note for Built to Last❤❤ Please clean and keep dry after use ❤❤
- Made of good quality 304 grade stainless steel, long lasting durability for a long time use.
- Get the job done and easy to clasp shut, brew your loose leaf tea with ease.
They work well with any type of drinkware, not just cups.
37. Premium Tea Ball Infusers
If you want a pair of stainless steel tea infusers with a micromesh, go for this one.
- 2 Professional Tea Ball Strainers: Set of 2 premium quality durable rust-proof 2" stainless steel...
- The Perfect Cup Of Tea Every Time: The secret to getting the full flavors out of your teas, is by...
- Steep All Tea Types: Ideal for use with all types of loose leaf teas like white, green, oolong,...
With this pair you can stop worrying about tea residue making its way into your cup, a particular problem if you’re sensitive to caffeine.
38. Twisting Tea Ball Infuser
Pick the tea from your tea box and then steep it right into your cup–with this twisting tea ball infuser it’s easy and you have less to clean at the end of the day.
- Twisting feature makes filling with a large amount loose leaf tea a breeze
- Long, stainless steel neck accommodates most cups and mugs
- Works best with whole-leaf teas, such as pearl teas, full-leaf green teas and large-leaf black teas
It’s well made and durable but handle it with care just in case.
39. Loose Leaf Tea Infuser Strainer
If you want a lighter stainless steel ball tea infuser with a fine mesh filter, check out this heart-shaped one.
- HIC’s Heart Shaped Tea Infuser hangs into mugs and tea cups for steeping loose tea with a more...
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel; reusable; more economical than using store-bought tea bags
- Easy to use; fill halfway with loose tea, hook inside the cup and pour in hot water, steep 3-minutes...
It’s a nice alternative to round strainers and makes but a small but cute gift for a dear one–provided they are into tea, of course!
40. Complete Tea Infuser Set
Now here’s a tea infuser balls set that features three stainless steel infusers (one is bigger) and a special tea scoop for picking precise amounts of tea leaves.
- THREE INFUSERS FOR EVERY NEED: Looking for the ultimate combination of performance and value? With...
- SPECIAL TEA SCOOP INCLUDED: Use our multi-functional scoop with integrated bag clip to add just the...
- QUALITY MATERIALS: That's the extra fine, premier-grade stainless steel we used in the construction...
It’s a handy accessory to have whether you already got an infuser or two around the house.
41. Mesh Snap Ball Tea Infuser
We close our list with another pair of stainless steel infusers. These are lightweight, compact, and convenient.
They are handy to have and can last a long time if handled with care and frequently washed.
How to Use a Tea Infuser
With the help of a tea infuser, you can savor a delightful brewed infusion whenever you like.
Tea infusers enable you to use finer and higher quality tea. They are an elegant alternative to tea bags.
As we have seen, there are different types of tea infusers. But the process of making tea with them tends to be similar.
Here are some of the easy steps on how to use a tea infuser.
Tea Infuser Step-by-step Instructions
Follow the next steps to make tea with a tea infuser the right way. It’s easy!
Step 1 – Select an Infuser of Your Choice
All tea infusers have a place to hold the tea for brewing and a cord or handle.
Select the infuser of your choice whether it’s a tea ball with a handle, a tea ball with a chord, a tea strainer that is put in a mug, or a novelty infuser made of silicon or safe plastic.
Step 2 – Measure Your Tea
Add loose leaf tea to your infuser depending on the type of tea you are using. Don’t overstuff the infuser or the leaves may spill out into your tea.
There are many loose leaf teas recommended measurements, but the following are some general guidelines for one cup of tea:
– Green tea: 1-2 tsp. (4.8-9.8 ml)
– White tea: 2-3 tsp. (9.8-14.7 ml)
– Black tea: 1-2 tsp. (4.9-9.8 ml)
– Herbal tea: 2-4 tsp. (9.8-14.7 ml)
Step 3 – Put the Infuser in a Mug
After measuring your tea leaves and stuffing them in your infuser, put the infuser on the edge of your mug or let the chain or handle hang on your mug’s edge.
Step 4 – Put Water to Boil
Use freshly drawn cold water for the best taste. Ideally, you want to use spring or filtered water.
Prepare 8 oz. (1 cup) of water for a cup of tea. Put your water in a kettle or pot and heat it until boiling. The fastest way is to use an electric kettle.
Step 5 – Measure the Temperature of the Water
After the water has boiled turn off the heat and use a kitchen thermometer to check the water’s temperature.
Depending on the type of tea you are making, you may have to let the water cool down for some minutes.
It’s best to use the instructions for your tea. Here are some broad guidelines:
– White tea: 176-185 F (80-85 C)
– Green tea (Japanese): 158-176 F (70-80 C)
– Green tea (Chinese): 176-185 F (80-85 C)
– Black tea: 203 F (95 C)
– Herbal tea: Boiling water
Tip: If you don’t have a kitchen thermometer and you want to make green tea, let the water cool down for around two minutes.
Step 6 – Add Hot Water Over the Infuser
Once the water reaches the right temperature, pour it into your mug. Steep your tea according to the instructions on the package or follow these guidelines:
– White tea: 3 minutes
– Green tea (Japanese): 1-2 minutes
– Green tea (Chinese): 2-3 minutes
– Black tea: 2-3 minutes
– Herbal tea: 5-15 minutes
Step 7 – Remove the Infuser
When steeping time is up, remove the infuser. If you are finished making tea, you can throw away the tea leaves and wash your infuser using warm water.
If not, you can reuse the tea for another cup. Just increase the steep time by 1-2 minutes.
Tip: Instead of throwing to the trash tea leaves, you can add them to your compost heap.
Tea Infuser Commonly Asked Questions
Never used a tea infuser before? Check out the following common questions we hear people asking about them and our answers to them.
What is a tea infuser used for?
With a tea infuser you can make loose leaf tea directly in a cup or in a tea pot or kettle.
The advantage of a tea infuser is that you get the optimal infusion and can use the best quality tea instead of settle for tea in ready packed in tea bags.
Here’s how to use a tea infuser the right way.
What is the best tea infuser?
The best tea infuser is easy to use, doesn’t crack or rust, and is fine enough not to allow any tea residue. Explore our selection of the best tea infusers.
What is the difference between a tea strainer and tea infuser?
Tea infusers hold leaves in a cup or pot and release their flavor through tiny holes. They are perfect for smaller servings.
Tea strainers are for capturing leaves after they’ve floated freely in a teapot or other container.
Do you need a tea infuser?
If you drink tea regularly, a tea infuser will make your life easier. It will help you brew better loose tea and clean things up faster. Find the right tea infuser for you now!
Time for a Healthy Infusion of Calm
With so many tea infusers around, it’s impossible not to find one that suits you.
Whether you opt for a simple, inexpensive one, or choose a fancy infuser than a work of art in itself, you can make a comforting and delightful cup of tea each time.
Having an infuser can encourage you to drink more tea. That way you can tap into all the health benefits of tea.
At the same time, you’ll cut down on the waste that comes with throwing away teabags all the time.
So there’s really no reason not to get a tea infuser or two.
Now over to you–do you have a tea infuser at home? Which type do you prefer to use?
We’d love to hear from you–drop us a comment at any time.
Until next time, enjoy your tea!