Wood furniture is the definite choice of those who want to give their patio or backyard a classic ambiance. Sadly, for those with a limited budget, this choice can be costly. If you want to give your patio an exquisite look without breaking your budget, then a good alternative is to use rattan garden furniture. This option is becoming popular for those designing or upgrading their backyard. And with the right outside garden lights, you will surely never want to leave
- Rattan Garden Furniture Overview
- Rattan Garden Furniture
- 1) Go Plus 4 Piece Rattan Patio Furniture Set
- 2) Outsunny 7 Piece Patio Rattan Sofa Set
- 3) Devoko 3 Piece Rattan Garden Furniture Set
- 4) Grand Patio 3 Piece Weather Resistant Outdoor Furniture Set
- 5) Tangkula 5 Piece PE Wicker Rattan All Weather Balcony Set
- 6) Best Choice Products 7 Piece Outdoor Rattan Sectional Set
- Rattan Garden Inspiration
- Rattan Garden Furniture Frequently Asked Questions
- How to look after rattan garden furniture
- How to assemble rattan garden furniture
- Where does rattan come from?
- What is rattan furniture?
- Can rattan furniture be left outside?
- Is rattan furniture waterproof?
- Can you put garden furniture on grass?
- What is the best time to buy outdoor furniture?
- What’s the difference between rattan and wicker furniture?
- Which is better wicker or rattan?
- Can rattan furniture get wet?
- Is Rattan the same as bamboo?
- Should rattan furniture be covered?
- How do I protect my rattan furniture?
- Can rattan furniture be painted?
- Is rattan, a plastic?
- Is rattan, a wood?
- How do you weatherproof a rattan?
- How do I keep my rattan from drying out?
- How do you restore a faded rattan?
- Is rattan furniture durable?
Rattan Garden Furniture Overview
Rattan Garden Furniture
Compared to wood, rattan furniture offers you a myriad of choices. Currently, you will see rattan sofa sets, loungers, corner sofa sets, and dining sets. To give you an idea of the various products available in the market today, here is our list of the latest rattan garden furniture.
1) Go Plus 4 Piece Rattan Patio Furniture Set
2) Outsunny 7 Piece Patio Rattan Sofa Set
- ✅MODULAR DESIGN: This versatile 7 piece set includes 4 middle chairs, 2 corner chairs, and a...
- ✅QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This outdoor sectional sofa set is constructed from a galvanized steel...
- ✅MODERN COMFORT: Experience the ultimate in relaxation with this low back, deep seating modern...
3) Devoko 3 Piece Rattan Garden Furniture Set
- - Sturdy & Durable: Devoko rattan patio furniture set is made of brown PE rattan and strong steel...
- - Comfortable & Convenient: Soft sponge-filled seats give you extra comfort, and the covers can be...
- - Wide Applications: Good choice for patio, porch, backyard, balcony, poolside, garden and other...
4) Grand Patio 3 Piece Weather Resistant Outdoor Furniture Set
- Parma outdoor table and chairs is made of powder coated strong steel frames and weather resistant...
- Sturdy yet lightweight construction with oval steel tube. Each chairs can hold up to 300lbs...
- No assembly required! Come to use and fold smoothly, also very portable, bring the convenience to...
5) Tangkula 5 Piece PE Wicker Rattan All Weather Balcony Set
- 【Luxurious Style & Upgrade Comfort】 The conversation set includes 2 single sofas, 2 ottomans and...
- 【Sturdy Material & Attractive Appearance 】The set is made of high quality PE wicker and sturdy...
- 【Easy to Clean & Variety Formation】All cushions come with zippered covers which are removable...
6) Best Choice Products 7 Piece Outdoor Rattan Sectional Set
- MODULAR WICKER SECTIONAL: Customize it to match your patio or deck and change it whenever you want!...
- DURABLE DESIGN: A sturdy, rust-resistant powder-coated steel frame and high-quality wicker will make...
- PROTECTIVE COVER INCLUDED: Made with water-resistant coating, durable stitching, adjustable hem...
Rattan Garden Inspiration
Again, with rattan as your furniture material, you will never run out of gardening design ideas. Take a look at a few of our rattan garden inspirations.
Rattan Garden Furniture Frequently Asked Questions
Do you want to know more about this sturdy material? Here we answer for you frequently asked questions about rattan.
How to look after rattan garden furniture
An advantage of choosing rattan furniture is that this product is low maintenance. You will hardly need any effort in keeping it in good condition or keeping it clean.
In any case, when handling natural rattan, you can use a hard brush or a vacuum cleaner to pry dirt such as moss or mud. See to it that you gently scrub the surface to avoid damaging your furniture. If there are hard to reach areas, you can use a toothbrush to clean it. After prying off the dirt, dip a cloth or sponge in soapy water. Squeeze the excess water and wipe your rattan furniture. Next, repeat the process with just water then dry your rattan garden furniture with a clean cloth.
On the other hand, with synthetic rattan, you can splash the soapy water directly on your furniture. When rinsing, you can use a garden hose to clean it, however, refrain from using any pressure-washer to avoid destroying the furniture’s finish. Once finished with rinsing, you can leave it outside to dry naturally.
How to assemble rattan garden furniture
While your furniture comes with instructions, sometimes assembling it can be perplexing. Follow these simple steps to guide you in installing your rattan furniture:
- See to it that you sort and distinguish every part. Verify that you have a complete set of listed parts in the guide.
- Read and stick to the step by step instructions.
- Use a padded mat when assembling to prevent any scrapes.
- Only fasten screws when the assembly is thoroughly complete. At the same time, avoid over tightening your bolts which can also damage your furniture.
Where does rattan come from?
Rattan is a climbing palm that comes from the local regions of Africa, Australasia, and Asia. It is a material used to make handicrafts and pieces of pieces of furniture. At present, it plays a valuable role in the livelihood of folks from the South and Southeast Asia.
What is rattan furniture?
In detail, the rattan and Arecaceae, also known as Palm trees are relatives. When it matures, you will see that it is similar to a pole. Its thickness ranges from 1 to 3 inches.
However, the rattan is different from a bamboo pole because of its tough core which results in its being strong and resilient. Upon harvesting its core and vertical grains, it is then trimmed to small portions and steamed to give a variety of figures. Its peel which is the outer skin of the pole is mainly utilized in combining the furniture joints.
Can rattan furniture be left outside?
Provided that you have high-quality synthetic rattan furniture, this kind is weatherproof and safe to leave outdoors during winter.
Remember though that you can maintain its tip-top shape when you keep it covered. If you own a rattan furniture set, you can position it together and cover it as one so it will not be ruined during a storm. To prepare for the winter, see to it that your furniture is clean and dry before placing your cover. In case you use cushions, do not forget to remove it and store it properly.
In the event that you don’t have a cover yet make sure to purchase one that securely fits your furniture. The problem with a loose cover is that it will flutter around during a strong wind and can possibly tear when it gets caught in the furniture. Once you have a fitting furniture cover make sure to properly tie it to its legs.
Is rattan furniture waterproof?
Another type of rattan is Resin Rattan which is built from Resin or plastic rather than the genuine rattan cane. A resin rattan furniture consists of aluminum frames and a mesh woven to appear like the rattan palm. With this kind of material, you have waterproof furnitur
Can you put garden furniture on grass?
There are a lot of people now that use artificial grass in their gardens. It is a smart way to save on time and money you spend on garden maintenance. In evenly positioning your rattan garden furniture, you can rest assured that it will not cause any harm to your grass.
What is the best time to buy outdoor furniture?
Meanwhile, you can save a lot of rattan furniture during the months of August to October. Ordinarily, these are periods that stores conduct its clearing out sale to give way to its fall inventory.
Typically, discounts approximately start at 20% off as early as August. However, by October which is really further into the summer, you can obtain savings as much as 70% off. Take note though there is a drawback in waiting for these seasons. Of course, during these times you will find less selection especially when the season is almost fall.
What’s the difference between rattan and wicker furniture?
Presently, you will hear people even a few retailers use the term rattan and wicker interchangeably. True, these two falls under a common category, however, there are a notable differences.
As mentioned earlier, rattan is a kind of vine that is a close kin of the palm tree. Meantime know that wicker is not a tangible raw material but a traditional method one uses to produce goods out of rattan core, willow, and more. During this process, the specific material is wet so that a person can quickly weave a wicker style furniture.
To be clear, rattan furniture is built from rattan material only. On one hand, wicker furniture can come from various materials such as straw, bamboo, and in some cases rattan. Right now, manufacturers also use a synthetic resource in producing pieces of wicker furniture.
Which is better wicker or rattan?
Based on robustness and versatility, rattan is better than wicker furniture. Rattan has a resilient core and is available in a variety of earthy colors. Alternatively, the durability of wicker furniture will depend on the material chosen in producing the furniture.
Can rattan furniture get wet?
If you have weatherproof rattan furniture, then yes getting it wet is not a problem. Not sure if you have a piece of weatherproof furniture? First of all, check the materials used in your furniture. If the manufacturer indicates the furniture has a UV stabilized synthetic rattan weave then it is sturdy to leave outside to get wet. Moreover, does your furniture have aluminum frames? If it does, aluminum does not rust and it can get wet without harming it.
Is Rattan the same as bamboo?
Important to realize is that rattan and bamboo are different. First of all, know that you can’t bend bamboo while rattan is pliable. Besides this, while rattan is strong bamboo is hollow in the middle. Having said that, you can verify if your furniture is bamboo or rattan by seeing if the canes are bent. If yes, then you have rattan furniture.
Should rattan furniture be covered?
Notably, a high-quality rattan garden furniture is safe to leave outside during winter since its weave can withstand the changing weather and UV rays. However, if you want your furniture looking brand new we advise that you purchase a cover to shield it from harmful elements.
How do I protect my rattan furniture?
One way to protect furniture is to apply polyurethane in either oil-based or water-based. In applying a coat of polyurethane, not only are you adding to the resiliency of your furniture but you are also protecting it as well.
In case you leave your rattan furniture outside, see to it that you purchase a polyurethane intended for outdoor use so that the finish can withstand moisture, sunlight, and weather changes.
Can rattan furniture be painted?
Certainly, to give life to your rattan furniture you can paint it with earthy colors or even bold ones! To make sure you coat the color evenly try using spray paint. In doing this, you can be sure that the paint will not turn into goo, gather in corners, or run.
Is rattan, a plastic?
Your rattan furniture can be either natural or synthetic. While of course, natural rattan furniture has a certain charm to it, however, you need to keep it indoors and away from harsh elements.
In the meantime, you can leave your synthetic rattan furniture outdoors since it can withstand the harsh weather elements.
Is rattan, a wood?
Uniquely, when you trim rattan into sections you can use it as wood to produce furniture. Like wood, you can stain and paint rattan so that you can give it various shades and styles.
How do you weatherproof a rattan?
Again, you can weatherproof your rattan furniture by applying three coats of varnish. Before applying the varnish, you can gently sand it with thin grain sandpaper to ensure it has a good surface to stick to.
How do I keep my rattan from drying out?
To prevent your rattan furniture from drying out, see to it that you use a mist every three weeks. Avoid drenching your furniture. When misting, position the bottle 3 feet away and spray. Allow mist to settle.
Furthermore, to keep dirt from gathering in corners make sure to dust and vacuum regularly. Likewise, you can get rid of mildew by using an oil soap.
How do you restore a faded rattan?
Different from synthetic rattan, you can restore natural rattan furniture that is faded. You can successfully do this by applying three coats of tinted varnish or alternatively two fine coats of oil-based undercoat, plus two fine coats of oil-based topcoat.
Similarly, apply a new coat of paint or varnish every other year.
Is rattan furniture durable?
As previously mentioned, your rattan garden furniture is dependable and resilient. While synthetic rattan is safe to leave outdoors, again to protect your furniture use a cover to make sure you can enjoy it for a long time.
Overall, choosing a piece of rattan garden furniture is a good decision. With its noted durability, you can be sure you have a piece of furniture that will last a lifetime. To make sure that you have a decent rattan on your hands, see to it that it has a snug weave, minus any strands sticking out and jagged corners. Likewise, check if the furniture has UV protection, otherwise, your piece of furniture will easily break and crack.
Welcome to my blog! I am a biologist and I love all living things, but plants and farm animals have a special place in my heart. I aim to bring plants and YOU closer again. If there’s one thing I want you to take with you, it is that gardening and farming aren’t intimidating if you have the necessary knowledge. That’s why I’m here. I’ll share everything I know about my beloved plants and animals and hopefully, you decide to adopt one in your home!