My name is Jiri, and I’m one of the co-creators of Planted Well.
Our mission is simple, we want to improve the life of at least 1 million people.
A close friend once told me: ‘becoming a millionaire is not related to money, but to touch and improve the lives of a million people‘, and that is exactly what we set out to do with Planted Well.
How, you ask? By taking you on our humble journey of growing healthy plants and raising animals we love, with love.
But why? Because it is important, now more than ever, to know how to grow your own food and start to understand where your food is coming from.
Not only will you feel mentally and physically better by doing so, but we also improve our planet along the way, for generations to come.
The seeds of change start with you.
Now, before I start wasting (and we all hate waste!) your time on something that might not be for you, does this resonate with your goals and personality?
- You want to stop ruining your plants
- You hate letting good food go to waste
- You want to start growing your own food
- You want to learn creative gardening techniques
- You love animals and watching them is your happy place
- Being outside in nature is where you truly flourish and grow
If you tick one of these boxes, I think we have lots in common and I’m convinced we can learn a lot from each other.
Here’s what you can expect to learn
Planted Well is packed with nutritious and delicious ideas, inspiration, resources, tools & tips to help you grow – whether that is your plants, animals, or you personally.
You’ll find real tips based on real failures and experiences.
Just like you, I’m still in the never-ending learning process myself.
I’m in no-way a walking garden encyclopedia but I’m right here with you in the trenches.
There are no garden mistakes, only experiments.
With my guidance, I hope to spark your dreams of a more sustainable lifestyle.
A life filled with your own produce, bringing you back to your roots, while making the world a little bit better.
Think of us, the creators at Planted Well, as your new mentors and friends, that’ll help you grow to new heights, one seedling at a time.
Our passion is sharing what we know with people just like you.
Essential life skills that everyone should be learning, and there’s a certain excitement to being more self-sufficient and better understand the world we live in and consume.
It all starts with the seeds being Planted Well.
One thing is guaranteed, once you start taking action and plant your first seeds well, there is no going back and true magic will start happening.
Here’s how to stay connected and updated
Along with this website, we also run a weekly newsletter and publish on a few different social networks – all to reach and change at least 1,000,000 lives!
Some of our most valuable content is actually only shared via those channels, to make sure you find the right information, exactly where and when you need it.
If you’re interested in joining over 16,000 subscribers, you just need to leave your name and email address below.
Our weekly newsletter is focussed on helping you grow more food, raising healthier animals, and keeping your garden in top-notch shape.
If you still can’t get enough of us, there’s tons of new information and inspiration shared on our social media channels:
- Follow us on Instagram, where I share gardening tips and photos from Planted Well community members who use the #plantedwell hashtag.
- Join the Planted Well Facebook Group, with hundreds of gardeners from all over the world sharing their plants being planted well.
- Follow us on Pinterest, and join thousands of people getting inspired by our well-organized boards.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel, where I will start releasing gardening and farming videos once our farm is acquired and finished (WORK IN PROGRESS).
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more gardening and farming inspiration.
We always love to connect with fellow PlantedWell’rs, so please do not hesitate to send us a message.
Here’s how to get started right now
If you stumbled on Planted Well through a random link, here’s a quick rundown to help you guide to what you need.
You can start exploring by going to one of our categories below or in the navigation menu, or by using the search function to find exactly what you’re looking for.
The website is divided into multiple categories that I’ll briefly explain below. They are perfect as a starting point to dive a little deeper into what it is you want to explore, along with their most popular posts.
Here you’ll find every guide you’ll need to landscape your garden, discover design ideas, and find the kind of inspiration that I know make my neighbors jealous.
- Creative and Unique Gardening Design Ideas
- How to Build your Own Rock Garden with Inspiration
- Landscaping Ideas for your Front and Backyard
- The Raised Garden Bed Guide: Design Ideas, Kits, Plans & More
Find complete growing guides you’ll need to grow plants, trees, and healthy organic vegetables at your own pace, without making too much of a mess.
Growing house plants and caring for them can add calm and freshness to your life while making your home a happier place.
- Bonsai Tree Complete Guide: How to Grow and Care for Bonsais
- Air Plants: How To Grow and Take Care for Them
- Plants for your Bedroom to Improve Sleep Quality
Learn how to grow vegetables at home or in your garden without hassle with our environmentally friendly guides and insightful tips.
- Cucumber Plants: A Complete Guide on Growing Tasty Cucumbers
- The Potato Plant: The Definite Guide on Growing and Caring Potatoes
- Garlic Plants: A Guide to Growing Healthy Garlic Bulbs
Learn how to grow tea plants full of nutrition, the different teas with their benefits, and what infusers to use to get the most tea our of your buck.
Here you’ll find the guides you ever need to raise birds, rabbits, bees, and other animals without cruelty and without messing up your yard or losing your peace of mind.
Learn about bee types, why they are so important, discover why and how to raise honeybees, and explore our beekeeping tips and tricks.
- The Types of Bees Explained with Bee Hive Hierarchy
- Flowers for Bees to Grow in your Bee-friendly Garden
Find everything you need to know about these quirky but homely birds, including chicken types, chicken feed varieties, and how to raise chickens and increase egg production.
- Chicken Breeds with Traits, Characteristics and Egg Production
- The Definitive Chicken Coop Guide for Growing Happy Chickens
All the guides you need to create a new DIY project for your garden or backyard without wasting money, time, or losing your drive mid-way.
- Unique Vertical Gardening Ideas with Images
- A Complete Guide on Terrarium Plants, Ideas & Building Kits
- The Definitive Guide to Get Started with Hydroponic Systems
That’s it for our categories and most visited guides! If you still have any questions, stories you’d like to share, or just want to say hi – feel free to email me.
Thank you for joining us on this journey
I know there are hundreds of other gardening blogs and farming websites you could’ve been visiting and therefore I am truly grateful you have chosen us, to be your mentors.
I’m here with you in the dirt and always one email away.
Hand-planted with love,